1. ln the diagram, arrows represent the movements of carbon compounds in the carbon cycle. The circles represents carbon compound in animals, decomposers, plants and the atmosphere.
2. A bird feeds on a population of insects. The insects feed on the leaves of a tree. Which of the following shows the pyramid of numbers for the food chain?
3. The diagram shows a food web.
At which trophic levels is the leopard feeding?
A. first and second
B. second and third
C. second and fourth
D. third and fifth
4. The graph shows the quantities of pesticide that accumulate in four populations, A, B, C and D, each at different trophic levels in a food chain. Which population is most likely to be herbivores?
5. A single plant provides food for many herbivores and the herbivores are eaten by the carnivores.
6. The graph shows changes in biomass of different organisms in an ecosystem over a 12 month period. Each line represents a different trophic level. Which line represents the herbivores?
7. The diagram represents the flow of substances within a balanced ecosystem. The boxes are various trophic levels. Which box represents the decomposers?